Thursday, April 28, 2016

Color Play Friday - 80s Skate Party

Ahh... The 80's. 

Reaganomics... MTV... Super Mario Bros... Molly Ringwald and the Brat Pack... big hair... and of course, the fashion! The iconic neons, the acid washed denim, the leg warmers, the shoulder pads!

Good times.

This week's Color Play Friday is called 80's Skate Party and it brings back all those most excellent memories. 


How rad is this picture?! I would love to go to an 80's themed roller skate party. Although, I think the last time I actually went roller skating was in the 80's; I fell and broke my wrist. Gasp! I just remembered my cast was neon pink! How did I forget that?! If that's not a sign of the times, I don't know what is! Hahaha. 

Here is my color palette/bundle based on this week's photo.


Naturally I had to go the neon route this week. I swear I had a bathing suit that had all these colors on it. Lol. I think this is such a choice color palette and I can totally see it working in the 80's as well as today. 

========

I "shopped" for fabrics from Hawthorne Threads.

Sea Coral in Wave by Michael Miller




Feathers in Red by Kathy Hall

========

Color Play Friday is a weekly challenge hosted by Trina from In an Otter Life and Lorinda from Laurel, Poppy and Pine. Every week they offer up one of their photographs and then all the participants create a color palette and fabric bundle based off the photo. 

As always, if you are interested in playing along please check out the hosts' pages for more info. You can click either of the CPF buttons on my sidebar. 

========

Be sure to check out this week's participants:

Hosts:

Participants:
Mindy @ Quilting Mayhem
Bethany @ Sew Not Perfect
Jennifer on Flickr


========

See my past CPF entries by clicking the Color Play Friday page tab at the top of my blog.

========

I'm off to watch a lot of 80's movies. Lol.

Until next time!
- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment